Academy Advisory Body
Education Advisory Board (EAB) at Highfields meet every term
Education Board Members
Helen Wriglesworth - Chair
Vicki Pearson - Vice chair (Principal Kingston Park Academy)
Anne Elliott (Executive Principal Delta)
Lisa Hillyer (Associate Executive Principal)
Nikkie Wright (Head of Academy)
Diana Easley- Parent governor
Eunice Evans - Clerk to the EAB
How to contact
Helen Wrigglesworth - Chair
Helen can be contacted via the academy via Telephone: 01302 722 216 and E-mail: email@example.com or in writing to:
c/o Highfields Academy
The Academies Financial Handbook (s2.5.2) requires the publication on the academy website of certain information about governance in academies.
This must include:
- the structure and remit of … local governing bodies, and the full name of the chair
- for each … local governor who has served at any point over the past 12 months, their full names, date of appointment, term of office, date they stepped down (where applicable), who appointed them, and relevant business and pecuniary interests including governance roles in other educational institutions
- for each local governor their attendance records at local governing body meetings over the last academic year
Academy name Education Advisory Body
|Full Name||Committee Membership||Appointed by and Date||Term||Declared Business and/or Pecuniary Interest||Attendance at Meetings in last academic year (2016/17)||Other EABs/Governors / educational institutions|
|Lucy Carlisle||EAB and Finance||Head of School||N/A – Ex officio||None|
3 out of 3 EAB
|Anne Elliott||EAB||Executive Principal June 2016||4 years||None||3 out of 3 EAB||Crookesbroom, Pheasant Bank|
|Diana Easley||EAB and Finance|
1 out of 3
|Sarah Morgan||EAB||SPTA appointed|
|4 years||None||1 out of 3||None|
|Victoria Pearson||EAB||SPTA appointed|
|4 years||None||1 out of 3||None|
|Helen Wigglesworth||EAB and Finance||SPTA appointed (Chair)|
|4 years||None||3 out of 3 EAB|
1 out of 1 Finance
|Gillian Wiles||EAB||Delta appointed|
|4 years||None||2 out of 3 EAB||The Parks, Simpsons Lane, Englands Lane, Weelsby, Willow Green, The Vale, Kingston Park.|
Delegated Powers of EAB
Delta is a charitable company subject to company law and it is a not for profit organisation. Delta is a Multi Academy Trust (MAT). The Delta Board of Directors is the legal governing body of the MAT.
The Board of Directors (BoD) sets out Delta group strategy and operational policy in key areas which are then applied within and across all its academies through the organisational framework and schemes of delegation to Education Advisory Bodies (EABs).
Each individual Academy within the group will have an Education Advisory Body (EAB), which is a sub–committee of the main Delta Board.
The Education Advisory Body (EAB) plays a key role in the life of each Academy. Our model of governance delegates almost all procedural and statutory powers in relation to the operation of each Academy to its Education Advisory Bodies (EABs) and Academy Principals / Head of Academy. The EAB is responsible for overseeing the broad Academy objectives for their own locality – working with the Academy Senior Leadership Team to improve the whole life of the Academy and its impact on its community. In this respect the EAB’s main functions are to:
1) Act as a key link between the Academy, parents and local community and champion the work of the Academy.
2) Provide constructive challenge and strategic direction to the Principal and Leadership Team as they plan the future development of the Academy, ensuring that they focus on Academy improvement. In practice, this role is centred on the approval and monitoring of the following in line with Delta ethos and expectations:
- o Academy Development Plan;
- o its Self-Evaluation processes; and
- o any post-Ofsted action plans.
3) Continually review the overall impact of the Academy amongst the people it exists to serve and make plans for improvement.
4) Ensure that the Academy plays a full role in cooperating and working together with other academies in the group and contributes to the work of the CIT.
5) Oversee the implementation of and ensure compliance with Delta policies locally.
6) Be responsible for staff appointments, other than Principal and Vice Principal (where they will be fully consulted) following Delta recruitment processes.